Regular School Uniform
Neat, trimmed and natural color.
Optional. Navy blue.
Optional. Plain navy-blue V-neck sweater.
Blue. It should be purchased at the Bookstore.
A plain, white shirt with either long or short sleeves.
Students must wear shoes that are all black. The material of which the shoes are made is of the student’s own choice.
Solid navy blue or black socks. No sports socks.
Solid, dark color.
No accessories. This includes headbands, sweat bands, necklaces, earrings and piercing.
The Summer Uniform is worn from the beginning of the school year until the end of September, and from early May through the end of the year in June.
- Navy-blue polo shirt
- Khaki/beige shorts or long pants
- Solid-black dress shoes or athletic shoes with any color.
Please take a conservative approach to dress. If you are uncertain about a particular article of clothing, please fall back on the regular dress code provided above.
- Solid navy blue athletic shorts
- Shirts: A choice between the SMIS Middle School Shirt (purchased at the MS office for ¥1,000) or the P.E. department’s Under Armour shirt (purchased at the Bookstore for ¥2,300).
- Identification: Please have your son’s first and last name on all of his belongings (jackets, trousers, ties, shorts, T-shirts, raincoat, umbrella, shoes, school bag, lunch box and pencil case, etc.).
- St. Mary’s school uniforms can be always purchased at the Takashimaya department store in Yokohama. Please find the order form here.