Employment Opportunities at St. Mary’s
Thank you for your interest in teaching at St. Mary’s International School.
St. Mary’s International School is a Catholic boys’ school founded in 1954 by the Brothers of Christian Instruction which welcomes boys of all faiths and nationalities. St. Mary’s offers boys a K-12 American/international curriculum preparing students for college and university entrance. The International Baccalaureate Programme is offered in Grades 11 and 12. There is an extensive co-curricular program for Athletics and Fine Arts.
St. Mary’s International school has a safeguarding policy in place.
Recruitment Practices at St. Mary’s International School
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
St. Mary’s International School will:
- Perform ‘live contact’ ( phone, skype, face to face) reference checks of at least 2 references;
- Perform one reference check from direct supervisor of candidate (minimum level of Assistant Principal);
- Contact all references through business email/business phone numbers;
- Verify credentials;
- Conduct internet checks of all prospective employees;
- Require police background checks;
- Review and update recruitment practices as per ITFCP recommendations/ requirements.