A School with a Heart
At St. Mary’s, every child finds a place: each and every one is taken care of, listened to, loved, and motivated.
St. Mary’s International School Guiding Statements
Our Mission Statement
St. Mary’s International School is founded on the Mennaisian mission to Instruct, Educate and Impart Christian Values in a safe and nurturing environment. Our students learn to challenge themselves in a rigorous academic program based on best practices and 21st century pedagogy. They grow and mature through education focused on the whole child—personal, social, emotional, ethical and spiritual—and by participating in enriching co-curricular opportunities. They become responsible global citizens by exposure to Christian values and core beliefs that build character and foster compassionate action in our world. Through this process of self-discovery and personal growth, our students become life-long learners who embrace diversity, lead by example and have the flexibility necessary for success in a world of accelerating change.
As a Catholic international all-boys school:
- We believe that education integrates the acquisition of knowledge with the development of free and responsible young men and the deepening of personal faith.
- We believe that education is based on love and respect for the person, in full recognition of the dignity of humankind created in God’s image and destined to live in union with Him.
- We believe that an all-boy environment creates a place wherein positive self-esteem and expression can be fully achieved and where learning meets the developmental needs of boys.
- We believe that personal development, characterized by empathy and trust, will engender beliefs and actions conducive to global citizenship for the betterment of humanity through the promotion of peace, justice, freedom and truth.
- We believe that rigorous and challenging academic programs meeting the diverse needs of students within a safe, caring and respectful environment best prepare them for higher education.
- We believe that a comprehensive and enriching co-curricular program nurtures individual expression and fosters growth, enabling students to reach their full all-round potential and enhance their self-worth.
- We believe that learning best takes place in a school community that enables its members to establish an identity respectful of both cultural and religious differences in an atmosphere that values diversity.
The all-boy environment creates a place wherein positive self-esteem can fully develop and where learning is promoted at a pace appropriate for boys.
Schoolwide Learner Expectations
The St. Mary’s community is committed to developing self-directed, life-long learners who are:
- Of Good Character: Reflecting values consistent with Christian principles
- Knowledgeable: Demonstrating a firm foundation in the academic, physical and artistic disciplines
- Globally Aware: Showing sensitivity and compassion toward human and global concerns in a multi-cultural world, and exhibiting initiative, reliability and perseverance in their response to these concerns
- Critical and Creative Thinkers: Confidently using appropriate resources and current technology, either independently or collaboratively, to reason, make decisions and solve problems in a variety of contexts
- Effective Communicators: Receiving and expressing ideas and information competently and precisely
St. Mary’s Core Values
Respect Compassion Honesty Fairness Responsibility