Learning for the Future
Technology integration in the Elementary School is a necessity of today's students to have a modern learning mindset which includes these types of skills: critical thinking, problem solving, reasoning, analysis, interpretation, synthesizing information.
We have a comprehensive modern computing curriculum that helps students to achieve:
- personal and social responsibility;
- planning, critical thinking, reasoning, and creativity;
- strong communication skills, both for interpersonal and presentation needs;
- cross-cultural understanding;
- visualizing and decision making;
- knowing how and when to use technology and choosing the most appropriate tool for the task.
In the Elementary School we use iPads as a tool for learning in the classroom. Our RP, Grade 1 and Grade 2 classrooms have a substantial set of iPads permanently situated in the classrooms, and access to a shared iPad cart allowing them to be fully one-to-one when the need arises. Our Grades 3, 4 & 5 classrooms are fully one-to-one where students are able to use their own iPad where and when needed. All these devices fall under our management system, where all restrictions, applications and tracking of devices is done remotely, whether or not the device is on campus, with the safety of our students in mind.
Adding to our comprehensive computing curriculum we have a diverse range of robots and coding tools to help our students understand and develop the modern day skills needed to reach their full potential.