School Hours:All Middle School students should arrive at school each morning between 8:00 and 8:15AM unless they are riding the bus. No students should be at school prior to 8:00AM.Students need to be seated or dressed for P.E. and ready to begin school promptly at 8:25AM.Students may go to the cafeteria for a snack but must be on their way home by 3:40PM unless they are involved with an after-school activity.Students need to be off campus by 4:30PM each day and must be under the direct supervision of a teacher until then. Students may work in the Learning Commons until 4:30PM.
- The school bus leaves promptly at 3:20PM.
Lunch and Recess:
- All students must either bring a healthy lunch or buy a lunch in the cafeteria. Students cannot skip lunch or just each junk food.
- Adding money to a student’s account should be done online or before school.
- Students must wait to be excused from the cafeteria and must go to the field unless they receive a permission slip before lunch to go to meet with a teacher.
- No food or drinks should be taken out of the cafeteria. Only water is allowed in the hallways at any time.
- Appropriate play is expected at recess.
- Devices can only be used under the direct supervision of a teacher.
- Cell phones can be brought to school for emergency purposes but if they are seen or if they are heard they will be taken until the end of the day. They should not be used in the hallway and students should wait to be off campus to access the internet on their phones.
- Devices cannot be used in the cafeteria after school.
Money and Valuables:
- Students should not bring more than ¥1,000 to school for spending money.
- Apple watches, expensive earbuds and other expensive gadgets should be left at home.
- Backpacks should not be left in the locker room and should be brought to the student’s locker by their homeroom before going to P.E.
- All personal possessions should be labeled clearly.
- It is expected that students participate in after-school activities at some level throughout the year.
- Students can participate in soccer, cross-country, swimming, drama, art and design club, robotics, Brain Bowl, Math Competitions, board games, basketball, wrestling, rugby club, baseball and track.
- It is important that students who are participating in these activities are getting enough sleep and are passing their classes.
Emergency kits for students
In order to supplement our school emergency supplies, please prepare an emergency kit for your son. The kit will be stored in your son’s locker and used if needed in case of a long-term stay at school. The kit must be taken home in June and should then be replenished for the following year.
The kit should contain the following:
- Two 500ml bottles of water
- Two non-perishable snacks
- One rain poncho (¥100 store type)
- One cloth or plastic carry bag labeled with your son’s name
Grade 6 students are part of a school MacBook Air program. Grades 7 and 8 Middle School students are required to bring their own laptop to school. Please see the information here about laptop selection.