Welcome to the St. Mary’s International School and the St. Mary’s Association.
The SMA is an organization consisting of all parents of boys attending St. Mary’s. One of the primary objectives of the SMA is to build and foster a sense of community that includes welcoming new families and providing support for their transition to St. Mary’s and to Tokyo.
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you and your sons to our community. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Families Welcome Program - request to be a buddy or if you need a buddy
- Uniform guidelines
- Meet other families
- Stay connected
If you are new to St. Mary’s, we are happy to match you with a seasoned St. Mary’s parent and family who can help answer any questions you may have before you arrive and once you begin school. Please sign up if you need a buddy.
If you are current family, please consider signing up to help welcome a new family to the St. Mary’s community. Sign up to be a buddy.
Please find the uniform guidelines for each school level here:
School blazers and other uniform items can be purchased at Takashimaya in Yokohama. Please find the order form here. Any navy blue blazers can be used. A school badge and buttons will need to affixed to the blazer. These can be purchased at the school bookstore in the Atrium.
Second-hand uniforms are sold by the SMA. See our website for the next sale dates.
Throughout the school year, there will be many occasions to meet and get to know other parents — coffee mornings (both at the grade level and for entire school), parent classes and seminars, all-school events, etc.
- New Year’s Tea — Jan. 22, 9-10:30, in the school Cafeteria
- Grade level coffee mornings organized by the room parents (Elementary) and Liaisons (Middle School)
- High School coffee mornings will be held from 8:30 until 9:30 on the following dates in the Titans Cafe on the 3rd floor of North Campus. Join the principal and other faculty for information discussions on the following days: Jan. 14, March 4 and May 6.
- Classes and seminars for parents — language classes, Bible study, yoga and more
- Hospitality outings — a chance to discover the Tokyo area with other parents
- All-school social events — Bingo, the International Ball, Carnival and Raffle
Please feel free to join the following Facebook pages and Twitter accounts to be better connected to the school: